In Elder Law News

Yes, Social Security income should be included in your conservator account since this is money that belongs to your ward. This is despite the fact that the Social Security Administration will not honor your conservatorship appointment and require you to be appointed as representative payee in order to make any decisions about your ward’s Social Security payments. (We note that this is the general rule, and it’s possible that your state’s practice is different. A local elder law attorney or the probate court can confirm or correct this advice for your state. You can find an attorney in your area here.)

Contact Us

Send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search