In Elder Law News

If you are paying privately, it’s simply a question of applying for admission to the new facility and arranging the move. If, however, your father’s care is covered by Medicaid, it can be a bit more complicated. You will have to contact the new facility and ask them how the transfer may be made.


Harry S. Margolis practices elder law, estate, and special needs planning in Boston and Wellesley, Massachusetts. He is the founder of and answers consumer questions about estate planning issues here and at

Contact Us

Send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search